POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bug in POV 3.6, possibly related to macro processing : bug in POV 3.6, possibly related to macro processing Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  bug in POV 3.6, possibly related to macro processing
From: Rob Wieringa
Date: 6 Jul 2004 11:05:00
Message: <web.40eabddff0d40578bc37c6b0@news.povray.org>
From: "Rob Wieringa" <robdotwieringaatphilipsdotcom>
Newsgroups: povray.general
Subject: bug in POV 3.6, possibly related to macro processing

I've written a rather complex POV script, with a lot of macros.
I get "arbitrary" errors, in the sense that the value of one of the
variables is messed up, and an error test is hit. The example runs OK as-is,
but when I comment out the first macro (which isn't used in the reduced
example), the behaviour changes, and the error is hit.
Sometimes files become locked, and cannot be changed anymore, so I have to
close POV. Any idea what's happening?

I run POV 3.6 on Windows XP, PentiumIII, 256 MB RAM.

I'll post the attachment to povray.binaries.scene-files